Vice President of Human Resources
YWCA Center for Women, 65 S. Fourth St., Columbus, OH 43215
department / section
Administration / Human Resources
Full-time / Exempt
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm; may require additional hours to meet the operational needs of the organization.
· Reports to the President & CEO and serves on the senior leadership team.
· Administer and oversee Compensation & Benefits; Employee Relations; Payroll; Performance Management; Training & Development; Policies & Procedures; Recruitment & Onboarding; and Employee Wellness & Engagement.
· As the leader of the Human Resources team, create, improve and administer the development of policies, practices and procedures as it relates to Human Resources and follows up to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Serves as a coach, mentor and subject matter expert between management and employees, by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and by helping to resolve employee relations issues.
· Delegates appropriate tasks and responsibilities to the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator and the Training & Recruitment Coordinator based on individual skill level and workloads. Ensures the HR team works together in a coordinated manner to support HR strategic and operational plans.
· Oversees all areas of Human Resources to assure that all federal, state, and local regulations are followed.
· Either directly or through delegation, oversees the recruitment, screening and referral of internal and external candidates to fill open positions, including temporary and seasonal positions as required.
· Coordinates the orientation of new and reassigned employees, including review of employee handbook and company policies and overview of processes and procedures.
· Facilitates and delivers various training programs to employees at all levels.
· Maintains positive employee relations with the workforce; counsels, mentors, and problem solves with supervisors and associates on matters of discipline, motivation, compensation, development, or other factors affecting success on the job; responds to employee requests for information on benefits, policies, or employment matters.
· In coordination with the Chief Financial Officer, administers a sound salary administration program to positively impact the organization in terms of budgeting and ability to attract and retain talented staff.
· Respond to administrative investigations and inquiries including but not limited to those from the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, Unemployment, the EEOC, the Department of Labor, the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and OHSA; represent the YWCA at administrative hearings.
· Maintains job descriptions, works with compensation as required to update and/or re-evaluate jobs as needed.
· Ensures compliance with FLSA guidelines in the classification of exempt and non-exempt employees.
· Ensures the documentation and maintenance of all employee personnel records.
· Establish and manage effective organization policies for leaves of absence, disability events and FMLA administration.
· Acts with integrity, demonstrates high ethical standards, and displays a positive image of YWCA Columbus.
· Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the YWCA’s vision.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management; advance degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM Certification preferred.
· Minimum of ten years of experience as an HR leader in public or private sector organization with increasing responsibility.
· Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
· Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
· Must have exceptional people skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels, in a professional and straightforward manner.
· Ability to handle all types of personalities and relate to people at all levels of the organization.
· Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
· Must be able to balance needs of people within the framework of business needs of the organization.
· Be a collaborative, results oriented, engaged problem solver.
8/21/17 – 9/1/17
how to apply
Email resumes/applications or send by mail:
65 South Fourth Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Job Type: Full-time