This position performs accounts payable accounting function including receiving and matching invoices,
account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
• Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
• Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving sips and matches to invoices.
• Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing and communicate with warehouse for discrepancy issues.
• Obtains appropriate approval for payment of invoices.
• Codes invoices with accounting numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines
dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system.
• Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable reports and provides data to supervisor.
• Receives and answers phone calls from vendors and other departments in regard to payment status
• Properly organize and file all documents and paid invoices.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Requirements & Special Attributes:
• 2 to 3 years accounts payable experience
• Two year college degree or above, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Familiarity with spreadsheet (Excel) and accounting principles
• Experience with SAP and internal information systems
Essential Mental and Physical Functions:
Decisions generally affect own job or specific functional area. This position is assigned duties according to specified procedures and work is checked frequently.
Sitting required 90% of the time. Walking and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant working on a computer.
Standard office and computer equipment including MSOffice software.
Office cubicle environment with minimal exposure to the environment or health hazards.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Travel is not required.