Digital start-up business in the media division of a Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the true entrepreneurial editor who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity be involved with CMG Sports Verticals on the cutting edge of new media! This initiative focuses on providing the best combination of content (blogs, videos, etc.) and product (Apps, email newsletters, social media, etc.) with coverage of the nation’s top college conferences, including the SEC, Big Ten and ACC. The ideal candidate will thrive on a fast-paced and challenging environment and will relish the opportunity to help us create a niche and succeed in this highly-competitive marketplace.
Education: Working towards 4-year degree in sports journalism or a related field.
- Interest in sports journalism
- Computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Web skills, experience with shopping platforms such as Shopify, Bigcommerce or Spree is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work on an extremely small team in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excitement at the idea of taking full responsibility for an idea and project and seeing it through to execution and completion.
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Detail orientation
- Reliable, punctual attendance is required
Currently enrolled in an accredited degree program with a 3.0 GPA. Preferred – No relocation assistance for this position.
What you will get:
- Paid internship over ten – twelve weeks in Atlanta, GA.
- College credit (if applicable)
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com .
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing