Do you love social media? Can you write a great headline? Are you a trendsetter and data nerd all in one? Do you consume digital content with an insatiable appetite?
Shape is looking for a dynamic, creative and digital-savvy Social Media Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate is obsessed with social media, understands how great brands and publishers stand out in feeds and knows how to create engaging posts that drive results.
The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of social media campaigns.
- Curate, create, and write social media posts that drive engagement.
- Maintain and update social media content calendars.
- Community management and engagement across Shape and Fitness social channels.
- Pitch social-first story and video ideas with viral potential.
- Monitor key metrics to make data-informed decisions.
- Collaborate with content, design and video teams to produce content for social channels.
- Assist in maintaining the consistency of brand messaging and voice across all social media platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Journalism, or equivalent training and/or experience.
1-3 years of professional social media experience, preferably working directly for a publisher, brand or agency.
- Fundamental understanding of the web, user- generated content tools and social media.
- Must know how to use Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- High level of proficiency creating content for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Have a good eye. Design savvy.
- High attention to detail; excellent grammar and communication skills. * Able to understand data, trends and reports to make actionable decisions.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload.
- Good critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, if needed.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or 3rd party social content publishing platforms is a plus.
Send your resume to Jennie.Bunkofske2[at]meredith.com
Social Media Coordinator – Shape
New York, NY
Job Type: Contract
- professional social media, preferably working directly for a publisher, brand or agency: 1 year