Want to work for a startup on the cutting edge of product design? We are Utomic, a San Diego based company engineering and designing premium and innovative products for the mobile technology space. We’re looking for a Shopify Web Editor to add to our dynamic Utomic team. Do you have a passion for web design, a high attention to detail, and the ability to expertly navigate Shopify? If so, then keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The Shopify Web Editor is a temporary role with the potential for full-time hire assisting the Utomic Web Director in designing, creating, and modifying Shopify webpages. The Shopify Web Editor will implement website content, graphics, plugins, and tools as directed by the Web Director to better optimize and improve a Shopify webpage. The role will integrate the Shopify webpage with other computer applications. The role will convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content. Hours will vary depending on volume of work, so the contractor has to be flexible with hours and time.
- Design, build, or maintain Shopify websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform Shopify website updates.
- Write, design, or edit Shopify webpage content, and advise others producing content.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional web design, administration, or editor experience as an intern or employee
- 3+ years experience managing Shopify websites
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- Must be extremely web savvy
- Able to collaborate with management and peers
- Demonstrates initiative and passion
- Excited to learn new things
- Strong creative sense
Top Candidate Profile
- Amazingly proficient at webpage management
- Are always willing to put yourself into the shoes of the customer in order to make the best web experience possible
- Are creative & open-minded
- Loves to make decisions with data
- Loves a good challenge
- Are comfortable with shifting priorities
- Are motivated by autonomy but ultimately believe that we are better when we work as a team
- Are comfortable in some level of uncertainty and are willing to work hard, and respond when needed, to get the job done
- Are extremely organized, love technology & tools to help you stay organized
- Know that you are a subject matter expert, but you also know there’s always room to grow and more to learn
- You uphold the highest standard of quality in your work, at all times
- See value in sharing key learnings across the whole team
- Work well with others, and thrive in helping to elevate the entire team
- Would rather give the whole team credit vs take credit on your own
- Believe in continuous development and would happily spend personal time in trainings, webinars, networking events, etc. to sharpen mastery and stay current
Job Type : Temporary with potential for full-time hire, hours vary
Salary : $25.00 an hour
Required education : Bachelor’s
Required experience: Computer Science or related field: 5+ year (internship experience included)
Location : No preference, remote candidates accepted
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Shopify Web Management: 3 years
- Web Design and Management: 5 years