Kellen Company is looking for a Senior Account Executive/Government Affairs – Healthcare for their Washington, DC office.
What are we looking for?
- We are seeking an association executive who will serve as senior staff executive for Kellen clients engaged in healthcare/nutrition with substantial activity in government affairs and advocacy management. In addition, the role will include management of defined advocacy programs for other Kellen clients on an as-needed basis.
- Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced, energetic, and participatory environment, where involvement is critical to client success. This is a highly visible leadership position within the company with an advancement path for candidates who can demonstrate their energy, professionalism, and intellectual curiosity. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What would you do?
- Liaise with Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Oversee staff activities and ensure resources and deliverables are focused on client objectives
- Be conversant in industry trends and be the “voice of the industry”, as needed
- Identify new member benefits, emerging trends and actions to positively grow the association clients
- Understand client financials and prepare budgets aligned with strategic goals
- Serve as a resource, catalyst, and coach to the Board, providing the training resources necessary to enable them to achieve their full potential as a governing body
- Collaborate with Boards of Directors to develop and regularly update strategic plans
- Keep the Boards of Directors informed of operations, as well as the potential impact of emerging issues/situations, recommending action as appropriate
- Develop and recommend organizational policies, plans, programs and budgets for consideration by the Board
- Oversee development and implementation of each client association’s public policy agenda
- Represent clients with congressional offices and regulatory agencies
- Work with association leaders and staff teams to develop industry strategies for addressing developments as well as proactive industry initiatives
- Ensure client association engagement at congressional proceedings, meetings of regulatory agencies and independent bodies, public policy hearings, briefings, seminars, coalition meetings, and other events
- Testify before key stakeholder bodies on behalf of association clients
- Create and maintain strong relationships with clients, allied organizations and advocacy coalitions
Am I qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years association executive experience in an organization ideally in healthcare/nutrition and actively engaged in regulatory and legislative advocacy
- Federal legislative and/or regulatory experience
- Comprehensive understanding of leadership and management principles
- Forward-thinking, energetic, and optimistic leadership style with the ability to lead by example, and to motivate, communicate, advocate, and arbitrate
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of finance, membership and other functional areas within an association
- Diplomatic and able to address difficult issues
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and embrace change as an opportunity
- Politically astute with the ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals, and motivate diverse groups and individuals. Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to travel. Ability to set priorities and keep multiple projects and tasks moving forward
- Excellent organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare/Nutrition: 1 year
- Legislative/Regulatory: 1 year
- Association Executive: 7 years