Scientist, Formulation Development (Animal Health)-RES001943
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
This position is for a Scientist in Formulation Development, Merck – Animal Health. The selected candidate will serve on high-impact and complex, cross-functional teams as well as enabling organizational initiatives.
In this role, the Scientist is expected to:
- Apply scientific know-how to design formulations and develop manufacturing processes for a wide range of dosage forms, including oral solids and liquids, topicals, otic, ophthalmic, injectables, and implants.
- Provide support for the development program of animal health dosage forms, both at laboratory as well as pilot scales.
- Maintain high-quality documentation, independently analyze and interpret data, and prepare technical reports and external publications as appropriate.
Opportunities are available for candidates with little to intermediate levels of experience.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
Minimum 1 year of experience in product development or related activities.
Strong scientific background, attention to details, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently under the general direction of a laboratory supervisor or other members of the formulation/process development team.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with laboratory and/or manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in preparing technical documents and presentations
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Research Pharmacy
Job Title: Scientist, Formulation Development
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Work with potentially hazardous solvent(s) and/or compounds (active ingredients) as necessary
Company Trade Name: Merck