The Research Assistant will conduct experiments in the general area of molecular and cell biology aimed at understanding age-associated epigenetic changes in humans and mice. He/she will assist the PI (Dr. Kreiling) in experiments involving immunofluorescence microscopy, general molecular biology procedures, cell culture, animal (mouse) husbandry and preparation of histological specimens. The primary purpose of this position is to help the lab make progress toward the research goals. The research assistant will work closely with other staff (postdocs, graduate students) to perform experiments. The research assistant will perform experiments according to established laboratory protocols, and will provide technical assistance, as instructed, toward the development of new procedures.
- Education: Must have a Bachelors degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related area of science.
- Technical: Must have basic knowledge of laboratory approaches and techniques in the area of molecular biology.
- Experience with PCR, Western blots, DNA and RNA purification preferred but not required.
- Experience with light microscopy, and especially immunofluorescence microscopy preferred but not required.
- Teamwork: Must be willing and able to provide technical support to laboratory personnel.
- Organizational: Must see to maintenance and organization of laboratory research activities.
- Interpersonal: Must interact well with other laboratory personnel, with members of the University community, and with outside vendors.
- Criminal background and education check required.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
Worker Sub-Type :
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.