Imagine …working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently pursuing creative and energetic students who can bring fresh perspectives to Campbell Soup Company’s existing projects and processes. Specifically, we have six month co-op positions available on our Research & Development team at our World Headquarters location in Camden, New Jersey, just outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Campbell’s R&D Co-op Program will provide students with the opportunity to launch their careers through challenging projects within Soup, Sauce, and Beverage, on classic brands including Swanson Broth, Campbell’s Condensed and Ready-to-Serve Soups, Pace Salsa, Prego Italian Sauce, and V8 Beverages. There are also positions available within North America Food Service on Soups, Sauces, and Entrees as well as Campbell’s Fresh Division which encompasses refrigerated soups, sauces, and dips. Students will work alongside team members on critical project initiatives. Team members will provide students with mentorship and will help them develop key skills that will benefit them over the course of their careers.
Examples of Primary Responsibilities:
- Conduct product development of bench top prototypes in kitchen and commercialization scale-ups in pilot plant
- Uncover potential solutions to technical challenges through the application of experimental designs and data analysis
- Participate in and lead product tastings
- Effectively collaborate with immediate and cross-functional teams members
- Lead a project and present results to the R&D organization upon completion
Start Date: May 2018
End Date: August 2018
- Candidates must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students, enrolled in a Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related program
- Candidates must have completed at least one semester of core Food Science or Chemical Engineering classes
- Candidates must be in good academic standing with their College or University. 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, work well independently and in a team environment, and can manage multiple projects
WHQ Office, Research Kitchen, and Pilot Plant. Some travel to manufacturing facilities is possible but not guaranteed. However, students should be willing to travel if the opportunity arises.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.