Based in Durham, NC and with general supervision, this position is responsible for, but not limited to, assuming the responsibility for development, optimization and scale-up of various thermoelectric materials, processes and devices. This position will troubleshoot associated equipment and summarize results in a data-driven manner. This position will be assigned a wide range of development tasks to support the technical needs of the Company.
- Assist with the design and implementation of products, processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Participate in scale-up and cost reduction and cost of quality programs.
- Assist in maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist technology team in solving problems and developing processes.
- Assist with the design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Support development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention.
- Conduct process capability studies, design experiments, conduct studies and analyze to ensure products meet requirements.
- Strong practical technical ability and hands-on skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to lift up to 30-40 lbs. regularly.
- Experience with vacuum systems, handling of semiconductor materials, or thermoelectric materials/devices are a plus
Education & Experience Requested
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 1-2 years engineering specialist experience (1-5 years preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.