Essential Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist members in completing homework and projects assigned by the schools.
- Provide practice exercises to improve skills in language arts, math and science.
- Provide specialized individual tutoring based on member’s needs.
- Provide support to other program areas.
- Develop and implement high yield learning activities.
- Keeps student’s files updated and organized.
- Completes any other task assigned by the Education, Health and Life Skills Coordinator.
- Maintain a safe environment in the learning center and at the club.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Formula for Impact Assessment.
Organizational competencies & behaviors for the position
- Has knowledge of the objectives, goals and metrics of the organization.
- Develops plans that are aligned to the strategic plan and assure compliance with goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Commitment with Quality
- Takes action to quickly respond and satisfy the needs of the clients in a cost-effective way. (children, youth, nonprofits, government, corporations, foundations, families, communities, donors/investors and internal clients).
- Develop continuous improvement strategies for the services provided by the organization.
- Promote continuous improvements of services
Leaders Committed to our Mission
- Demonstrate the ability to confirm to change positively.
- Foster a mission driven attitude
- Demonstrate with action its belief in the ability of youth to have a better future and to develop to their fullest potential.
- Promote the participation of youth in the different organizational processes.
- Have the capacity to know, apply and teach the positive youth development model.
- Establish, validate and implement processes to improve the operation.
- Establish principles and process of change and organizational development.
- Implement solution using Project management skills.
- Identify problems and execute analysis using continuous improvement methodologies to identify possible solutions.
physical demands: requires standing or seating for at least 3 hours per day, ability to use computer equipment, fax, copy machine, calculator etc. Valid driver’s license required.
mental demands : ability to analyze problems, strategic planning and project management. Ability to manage problems with concrete variables, collect data and valid conclusions. Ability to read reports and apply concepts.
communication : excellent written and verbal communication skills.
working conditions: Must be willing and able to work from multiple locations
education and/or experience: Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. Must be well versed in the areas of education, language arts, math, science and/or sociology/psychology. One-year experience working with children.
Job Type: Part-time
- working with children ages 6 – 13: 1 year