Under general supervision, provides nursing care to patients and clients in assigned Unit/Clinic. Essential duties include:
- Provides nursing care to patients within an assigned hospital Unit, Clinic, or any SFDPH setting that requires Registered Nursing care;
- Observes and reports symptoms and conditions of patients;
- Takes and records vital signs or other diagnostics including temperatures, respiration and pulse;
- Reports unusual occurrences and unusual results of treatments;
- Sets up treatment trays, prepares instruments and other equipment;
- Implements medical and nursing care plans;
- Directs and supervises the patient care provided by nursing personnel;
- Maintains standard unit or clinic activities;
- Assists in administering highly specialized therapy;
- Maintains records reflecting patients’ condition, medication, treatment and reactions;
- Follows regulations, policies, and procedures for nursing care;
- May direct the work of auxiliary sub-professional personnel in performing various tasks in assisting with the care and comfort of patients and the cleanliness and sanitation of ward, hospital beds, and appurtenant equipment; AND
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
*Various depending on Clinic/Unit.
*SFDPH Facilities – Determined by specific position.
*Determined by the needs of the Clinic/Unit.
Salary Range: $74.43 – $97.78/Hourly, Full Benefits and Pension Plan
Position Status: Temporary Exempt
- LICENSE: Possession of a valid permanent/temporary (including interim permit) California Registered Nurse License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment.
A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
*Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $74.43 to $97.78 /hour
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- providing nursing care to patients: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- temporary (including interim permit) California Registered Nurse License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association