Part-time HR Temporary Coordinator
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Part Time Temporary Human Resources Coordinator to join our team at the legendary Queen Mary. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Part Time Temporary HR Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating assigned projects and human resources activities relating to the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. This position is a Part-time and temporary role starting from September 2017 and ending in December 2017 working roughly under 25 hours per week.
Reception Desk Support
• Greets and assists crew members and/or department guests
• Answers phones; screens and routes calls as appropriate
• Provides information and assistance to crew members regarding routine questions or issues; initiates problem resolution
• Ensures that department is stocked with appropriate office supplies
• Ensures that crew member files are set up and maintained in accordance with company standards and government regulations
• Responds to unemployment claims
• Responds to employer and third party inquiries regarding current and former crew members
• Supports the benefits function by processing enrollment and change forms, billings from insurance providers and other workflow items
• Assists in Hiring of seasonal event and processing of I9’s, background checks, and file set up
• Assist with Open Enrolment
• Filing of Workers Compensation paperwork
• Provides assistance with the recruitment and onboarding of new crew members, including ensuring consistency of onboarding materials and content
• Assists with screening employment applications, pre-screening job candidates, setting up interviews and conducting background screening
• Responds to inquiries from candidates for employment regarding available positions, status of application and other general HR questions
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months of Administrative experience.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in using MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook to include graphs, tables and other spreadsheet functions
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English and Spanish is required
• Professionalism and confidentiality are essential, with a strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service
• Ability to consistently display courtesy, etiquette, warmth and enthusiasm on the phone and in person
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain comprehensive and cohesive records
• Must be hospitality oriented and possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, office practices and procedures
• Ability to organize, efficiently document and routinely update information; ability to apply procedures to work issues and situations
• Ability to write and communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to adapt communication style to successfully convey messages and objectives to diverse audience
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot general office equipment (e.g., copier, fax, etc.)
• Ability to adjust schedule, work overtime and be present during the changing business needs