Under the direction of the Facility Supervisor, the Preventive Maintenance Mechanic/Painter performs preventive maintenance, installs, repairs, replaces and maintains all fixed and portable hospital equipment, systems, and facilities, including grounds, parking lots, roadways, and all off-site locations. Maintains, repairs and /or refinishes the interior and exterior painted surfaces of the building and equipment. Constructs, erects, installs and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using various carpentry hand and power tools to conform to local building codes.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma, vocational school graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in general carpentry, and a minimum of 3 years of mechanical experience.
- Minimum 4 years of related painting and/or paper/vinyl wall covering installation experience.
- Two years with commercial experience.
- Familiarity working within a healthcare facility is preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Valid Maine driver’s license required.