EQL, a Utah life and health insurance company with 80+ years in the business, is interested in hiring a third year law student to serve as a Legal Intern in its legal department. The successful candidate will assist with the day-to-day operations of the corporate legal department including research and writing legal memoranda, review and comment on vendor contracts that the company may enter, draft and send correspondence to policyowners, lawyers or regulators, and other assignments as needed.
This successful candidate will be immersed in and involved in, regulatory and corporate compliance activities such as obtaining or renewing company licenses, responding to policyowner complaints, and assisting with dispute resolution including litigation matters.
The successful candidate will:
- Be currently enrollment in law school and begin the third year this Fall.
- Have excellent legal research and demonstrated writing experience.
- Have an intense desire to know – always on the lookout for new information, ideas, viewpoints, and theories that could be used to advance company objectives.
- Have interest in serving as corporate counsel with an insurance company working with operations, organization, procedures and policies.
- This position would be full-time for the remainder of the summer and would transition to part-time as the school year begins.
The position has flexible day time hours between 7am to 7pm, M-F and 15 to 20 hours per week once the academic year begins. A pay range of between $20/hr to $25/hr with part-time benefits of holiday pay and 401K. EQL is located in downtown SLC on the UTA Trax blue/green line.This position is perfect for a law student wishing to jump start their legal career before earning their degree.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Salt Lake City, UT