WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Are you looking to gain real world development experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship with the #6 ranked Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For and #14 ranked
Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT
Our Application Development team works collaboratively to build and deliver quality software for our clients in a continuous learning, agile/lean environment.
The Developer Intern will be exposed to software development working in
community focused on software craftsmanship and adding value to the Baird business.
IT has a track record of success with interns across their various teams, all who have the ability to directly contribute to the success of the department. Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships. Interns are treated as valuable team members and are challenged with meaningful work while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. We look for highly motivated individuals who are proactive, eager to learn and ready to contribute.
This is a year round internship in our Madison West office, part-time during the Spring and Fall semesters (15-20 hours/week) and full-time during the Summer (37.5 – 40 hours/week). We are seeking a local student who is able to start in April or May of 2017.
What you will do:
- Assist with the
- Work under the direction of an experienced developer implementing product features, gaining increasing responsibility as you demonstrate your abilities.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, business owner demos and team retrospectives.
- Experience Baird’s culture by shadowing current team members. Receive mentorship from an experienced team member and partner with a manager on professional development.
- Collaborate with fellow interns to identify and propose a value-driven, firm-wide initiative to Baird Leadership.
wHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related degree.
Targeting May 2018-May 2019 grads.
- Previous experience or exposure to one or more of the following technologies: VB.NET, C#, SQL Server, WCF Service, Java, Object-Oriented Design. Experience with the software development preferred.
- Passion for writing software and learning the latest software development techniques.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- Possess a natural curiosity in understanding the application of technology to solve business problems.
- Positive attitude, proactive in seeking additional work, and strong initiative.
- Detail oriented and exhibits organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- 3.3 GPA or better is preferred
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Information technology is a core part of Baird’s overall business strategy and plays a critical role in the ongoing growth and transformation of the firm. Our IT associates enjoy a collaborative work environment where they thrive and reach their full potential.
OUR INTERN PROGRAM:
Our intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Baird’s summer includes an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, WI, multiple Lunch & Learns, FUEL Milwaukee events, a Brewer’s game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird an
d learn about all the areas of the firm.