Provide support of a variety of communication and marketing programs. This includes writing content for print publications, press releases, website, social media platforms, video productions (PSAs, news programs, etc.) and producing photography/graphic design to support written material. Assist with special events and other public communication duties as assigned.
General supervision is provided by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
You can search for this position’s full job description here .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Provide support of Communications & Marketing through journalism duties that include writing stories for publications and media uses; producing graphics, developing content for social media platforms, event planning, taking photography to support written content, and/or other communication tactics directed towards external and internal audiences.
- Assist staff in preparing for various special events, programs and activities that support communications and marketing.
- Prioritize workload and make effective/efficient decisions without constant supervision.
- Operate personal computer for Word processing, social media, graphics, database creation and management, and for email. Operate other modern office equipment.
- Communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively with other city employees, officials, and the public.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Current enrollment in a high school for dual college credits in public relations, journalism or similar communications program.
- Current enrollment in a program from an accredited college or university or current enrollment in a graduate or certificate program with an accredited university with course work in public relations, journalism or similar communications program
- No experience necessary. Journalism experience for school clubs or student newspaper; or a non-profit; or other organization/company is preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- 15 to 20 hours per week; Monday – Friday with some weekends and evening as needed for special projects.
- Partial telecommuting is available. Reliable transportation to travel to city events and story opportunities; and a reliable cell phone are preferred.