VACANCY: Insurance & Risk Specialist
LOCATION: North America Corporate Office, Wayne PA
The Risk Management Specialist position will provide operational support to the Insurance & Risk Manager, Americas and department team members, as well as deliver risk management services and support to businesses operating in North America. The incumbent will proactively interact with department colleagues and businesses, develop trust and allow for effective exchange of information necessary to deliver required services.
- Provide advice and assistance to business units and to other functions on all insurance related issues
- Maintain communication with business units to ensure prompt reporting of insured risks and exposures to insurers and the immediate notification of claims to insurers
- Issuance of insurance certificates (property and liability) for all US Sites and Canada.Maintain database of all certificates issued annually
- File and settle property damage claims on company vehicles and company property including coverage assessment, calculation of the loss amount, supervision of external adjusters, and review of potential recovery
- Respond to daily insurance questions from all sites and serve as an insurance resource for all sites as well as other departments in Wayne Corporate
- Generate loss reports for all lines/all sites as requested
- Create reports for uploading into the Risk Management Information System (RMIS)
- Provide general support on claim matters as directed by the Insurance & Risk Manager Americas
- Provide support with acquisition and divestiture activities
- Provide support for third party vendor certificate management systems
- Collaborate with members of Finance, Law, Environmental Health & Safety, Purchasing, Security and other internal clients
Are you the ideal candidate?
- College degree, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in claims, risk management or insurance
- Exclusive part-time opportunity – 24 hours per week .
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office suite skills including Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills are required
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.