Materials Manufacturing Company (Confidential) – Birmingham, AL
The HR Manager will lead the Human Resources (HR) function for the plant, including strategic leadership and direction, staffing, employee relations, training, development, salary and benefits administration. Operate at both the strategic and “hands-on” level, and serve as a key business partner and member of the Plant Leadership Team.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices. Investigate and advice regarding internal and external employee relations and concerns working with corporate team on responses
- Be responsible for ensuring that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and organizational development
- Partner with client and lead on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing) initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
- Lead and develop the plant HR staff
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment driving employee engagement, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives including development and execution of a communication rhythm to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place
- Work with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including ensuring that the affirmative action program is kept current and that all employees at the Plant location adhere to guidelines of this program
- Nurture a positive working environment and safe work practicesDemonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the plant Ensure compensation packages are competitive with the local area
- Work with corporate compensation to recommend and implement benefits/compensation programs, which respond to the changing workforce and provide a competitive advantage
- Work to provide a proactive approach to maintain positive employee relations.
- Bachelor’s level Degree is required.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, business administration or other related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive HR experience is required; Experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years prior management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to balance role as employee advocate and business partner while maintaining neutrality and credibility with the organization
- Experience developing and driving creative programs to attract and engage employees
- Experience in Labor Relations
- Possess accurate and updated knowledge of Federal and State laws applicable to wages, hours, working conditions, safety, labor relations, etc. to ensure compliance with state and federal legal requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 2 years
- Human Resources: 8 years
Required license or certification: