Front End Web Developer (Cart / Checkout)
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
Core Requirements & Competencies:
- Ability to create clean, organized and modular HTML and CSS code, leveraging current techniques, tools and libraries
- Demonstrated experience crafting solutions for layout and styling issues across multiple browser
- Ability to use AJAX with restful APIs
- Knowledge of SASS, LESS, or other CSS preprocessor
- Experience with grid layouts, media queries, and other responsive techniques
- Hands on experience developing with jQuery and jQuery Plugins
- Understanding of building complex interactive UI uses the latest approaches
- Experience refactoring existing code to improve readability, code reuse, performance, and maintainability
- Familiarity with BEM naming methodology
- Understanding of Design Patterns concepts, software architecture, SCRUM
- Experience in retail & social industries
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page .
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Media Room jcp.com