MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Assist the Controller with a wide range of tasks and projects related to finance. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a dynamic environment. LVMH Fragrance Brands US offices are based in Manhattan, NY but all back office services (Accounting, Logistics, IT, etc.) are based in Edison, NJ. The position is based in the Manhattan offices.
**Please note: This role is a 6 month contract position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update weekly retail sales follow up by product line and product category retailer.
- Monitor open purchase orders and invoices.
- Prepare monthly departments’ budget follow up.
- Prepare monthly T&E budget follow up.
- Assist with month-end reporting (prepare P&L templates, assist in P&L review, prepare accruals, etc.).
- Prepare journal entries.
- Participate in balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide ad hoc analyses and support.
- Support actively the Controller in all special projects and efforts.
- Perform all other job-related activities.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Current university student pursuing a degree with Accounting, Finance or Business Major
- Interest in working in controlling/finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with good knowledge of excel (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP and =sumif formulas)
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Analytical and critical (ability to challenge)
- Rigorous and curious
- Able to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Previous working experience with finance department preferred, but not required
- Fluency or working knowledge of French is preferred
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Job Type: Contract
- New York, NY
- Accounting: 1 year
- Finance: 1 year
- fast-paced office environment: 1 year