Fall Intern – PR & EVENTS INTERN
LYN’E Cosmetics – NYC
LYN’E Cosmetics is looking to hire passionate, reliable, outgoing and hardworking individuals for the 2017 Fall/Winter Co-op season to start immediately. These individuals will assist in helping on high profile events (such as New York Fashion Week), public relations, various marketing promotional and social media campaigns. LYN’E Cosmetics is a Cosmetic Company that specializes in beauty products for the everyday woman. Our Philanthropy philosophy is what we pride the most. We donate a portion of each and every portion to end violence against women worldwide.
Individuals must be able to adapt them selves in high-pressure working situations, be passionate about learning and working in the beauty industry, be organized and have great communication skills as well as have great written and grammar skills. As an intern you must be a self-starter that is able to work individually or with a team. This an 10 o12 hour per week internship which the intern can make his or her own schedule with the possibility of a permanent position after the internship period.
Duties include, but not limited to:
– Create content for social media on all social media platforms
– Create digital campaigns to drive impressions, word of mouth buzz, and social media presence – –Produce creative marketing initiatives
– Design content for multimedia campaigns including materials, video promotions, web promotions, social media marketing
-Connect with beauty influencers on all Social Media outlets
-Creating blog content for our website
-Campaign development: Help create campaigns and promotions around our products
-Event planning: Assist with creation of in-store events, fashion shows and vendors fairs
-Develop press materials including releases, backgrounders, pitch letters and media alerts
-Engage with the media, assisting in pitching and securing media contacts (magazines, newspapers, television and internet) to secure stories, features and placements for our products
– Degree or working towards a degree in marketing or PR
-Working knowledge of all relevant social media platforms including; YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat – Ability to produce, present, and execute creative marketing strategies
– Passion for the cosmetics industry a must -Creative and independent thinker and worker
Preferred backgrounds include business, cosmetics, marketing, journalism, fashion, graphic design, photography and public relations. The desired candidate should have:
1) Enthusiastic initiative, creativity, and strong work ethic
2) Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects
3) Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
4) PR, marketing, social media, event planning skills
5) If you have experience with and access the following software/skills, please indicate so in your cover letter: Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign & Illustrator); Photography; Video Editing
This internship will allow you the opportunity to work within a highly collaborative environment. You will gain real-world, hands-on experience helping to grow a Beauty brand, spearheading PR campaigns and developing social media & marketing initiatives. It is an amazing opportunity to build your skill set and resume and work within an amazing company culture.
NTERN Working schedules are up to 10-12 hours per week.
If you live in the New York City Area ONLY and believe you are the candidate we’re looking for, please submit the following to:
- Two recommendations from your last employers or teachers along with their business telephone numbers
- Sample publications and/or press releases.
Any submissions without the above information WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Internship
- New York, NY
- Public Relations: 2 years