Salary Range From
Salary Range To
LAMOURE COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES
Hiring Range: $2195 – $2561 Monthly (75% FTE benefited position)
Summary of Work
This is a 75% benefited postion (30 hours per week)
Essential functions of this position include interviewing and determining eligibilty for applicants and recipients of SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, Child Care Assistance, and LIHEAP by interpreting state and federal policies. This position processes applications, establishes electronic record, maintains a caseload, performs all necessary actions relating to case management, attends training and workshops, as well as other duties as assigned by the agency.
A high level of verbal and written communication skills is required, as well as computer literacy in all programs assigned to this position. Regular attendance is required.
Eligibility Worker I requires the qualifications as listed for the “Eligibility Worker Technician Underfill” below, plus one year of work experience determining eligibility in a social service office in one of the following economic assistance programs: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Foster Care, Medicaid, or LIHEAP; or an Eligibility Worker Associate Degree offered at Bismarck State College.
If no candidates meet the requirements the position may be filled with an Eligibility Worker Technician, with a salary range of $1820- $2124 per month. Minimum qualifications for Eligibility Worker Technician require a high school diploma or GED, plus one of the following:
- Three years of work experience in the clerical, accounting, financial, legal or teaching fields;
- Three years of a bachelor’s degree program (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours);
- Three years combined education and experience as listed; or
- Completion of the Eligibility Worker Certificate Program offered at Bismarck State College.
The successful applicant must pass a standard background, motor vehicle and criminal record check.
- Please provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided in your online application.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- The Department of Human Services does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 11:59 pm or before the closing date.
- A copy of your qualifying degrees transcript and any applicable certifications or licensures must be provided at the time of an interview.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, Please Contact: Ashley Kottsick
Employing Unit: LaMoure County Social Services
Telephone Number: 701-883-5301 ext 7
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments , please contact email@example.com or (701)328-3290