Shipping Team Leader needed for E-Commerce Distribution Center
Lead Job Description:
The Lead position is a hands-on, physically demanding role that provides both direction and encouragement for a team of material handlers working in a fast paced environment. As a Lead, safety and cleanliness will be primary focal points for the well-being of your team members and to create a show case facility. You will be a key element in the success of meeting hourly deadlines, developing associates and you will be held accountable for your team’s production goals. This position, at times, may have minimal supervision so independent decision making and initiative will be very necessary.
- $17/hr starting pay, FULL TIME BENEFITED permanent position
- Opportunity for advancement
- TeamOne offers a full benefit and compensation package including choices in medical insurance plans, Dental, Vision, 401 K, etc.
- Safely work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and support the morale of your team members.
- Gather your team, provide clear direction and uphold accountability daily.
- Move packages, up to 70lbs in weight, safely from floor to trailer in a timely manner in order to meet delivery deadlines.
- Train and teach associates to further their development.
- Communicate clearly with fellow leads and managers via email, text and phone.
- Ability to walk, bend and lift up to 70lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Exposed to warehouse conditions, cold/heat, and noise.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Lead/Supervisor position directing and working alongside a team of 15-20 associates in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with associates at all levels in both oral and written form.
- Experience with RF scanners.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Some college credits preferred.
1st Shift: Sunday-Thursday 6am-3pm
2nd Shift: Sunday-Thursday (Sunday 5pm to 2am, Monday thru Thursday 3pm to 12pm).
Interested candidates reply to this email or click link below to APPLY NOW:
TeamOne Logistics is an E.O.E. M/F/H/D
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Industry, CA
- High school or equivalent
- lead/supervisor: 3 years