Not often does an opportunity come along which allows you to make your state a better place to live and further your professional career at the same time. But that describes pretty much every opportunity here at Washington’s Lottery. Because for more than 30 years, the Lottery has been enriching the state – in more ways than you probably realize. Of course, there have been billions of dollars in prizes for players, and hundreds of millions in retailer sales commissions have been pumped back into Washington’s economy. At the same time, the Lottery has been able to share billions with beneficiaries in the state, including contributions to scholarships and early learning programs, economic development, and more. When you think about it, it’s amazing how one little Lottery ticket can make such a big difference in so many lives. Be a part of that difference by joining the team at Washington’s Lottery.
This position provides customer service by telephone and in person to Lottery retailers, players and prize winners/claimants.
In this position, your primary focus will be:
- Explains prize claim procedures and assist with completion of necessary forms; process prize payment checks for these claims.
- Interprets and explain policies, procedures, RCWs, WACs, and laws pertaining to ticket validation, game rules and tax requirements and debts owed to another agency.
- Explain process involving players’ funds being withheld for a debt owing to another agency within the state.
- Assist winner in interviews, completing photo release forms, take photographs, and forward for publication to appropriate department.
- Provide game information winning numbers via phone, fax, email and lobby display.
- Accept and verify the quantity, quality, and accuracy of all shipments delivered to the region by matching the invoices to the purchase orders generated from the Inventory Control System. Maintains spreadsheet for tracking the installation of in-counter dispensers at retail locations. Maintains promotion tracking database for inventory and disbursement of all promotional and premium products to the District Sales Representatives (DSRs), and for tracking sheets completed by the DSR. Organize and store all materials in Regional warehouse.
Performing these duties requires, at a minimum, the ability to maintain regular attendance; maintain files; the ability to use a computer, including manipulating the keyboard and mouse and reading the monitor; the ability to read and understand technical information and apply it properly; the ability to make good judgments; the ability to effectively manage multiple assignments of a complex nature or involving competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate, thorough, and on time; the ability to move and relocate heavy and awkwardly sized objects within the regional warehouse, including up to 8 feet above the floor; and the ability to work standing and/or walking for extended periods, up to 8 hours per day.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience providing assistance to clients/customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems will substitute, year for year, for education.
Successful completion of coursework in customer service.
One to three years of experience in a position in which a major duty involved the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Reading, comprehending, interpreting, and retaining information from written material, including rules, regulations, RCWs, or WACs.
- Explaining complex or technical information regarding rules, rights, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, or services to answer questions, resolve problems, communicate decisions or actions, etc.
- Independently performing three or more of the following functions using a computer: (1) use a computer keyboard well enough to send and receive email, (2) use a computer with a Windows environment, (3) find information on the Internet, (4) perform basic search functions, and (5) view calendars and schedule appointments using electronic calendars.
- Multi-tasking in an office environment.
Willingness to deal patiently with problems and complaints and to remain courteous when faced with difficult or angry people.
The ability to read, write, and/or explain/communicate complex data.
How to Apply
If you are viewing this job announcement online, click Apply above.
If you received a printed copy of this job announcement;
1. Go to www.careers.wa.gov
2. Click Look for Jobs
3. Click on Filter, then Departments, select Washington’s Lottery
4. Click on Customer Service Specialist 2, Everett
5. Click on Apply
Application review will being immediately. We reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be to the applicants advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, or need further information, please call (360) 890-2856 .
Background investigations are required due to the nature and security requirements of the job. Applicants will be required to sign releases of information. Background investigations are part of the pre-employment selection process and are not a commitment to employment.
Employees of the Lottery and their family members who reside in the same household are precluded by law from participating in the Lottery games.
Washington’s Lottery is a chemical-free/scent-free environment. Employees are expected to refrain from the use of scented products.
Washington’s Lottery is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, diversity, religion, marital status, age, national origin, disabled and Vietnam Era Veterans, or the presence of a mental, physical or sensory disability. Persons needing accommodation in the application/testing process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (360) 890-2856 . Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (360) 810-2849 for assistance.
Employee Benefits: The state of Washington offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, sick, military, and civil leave; flexible spending account program; dependent care assistance program; employee assistance program, deferred compensation plans; educational benefits programs; 11 paid holidays; and state retirement plans.