To succeed as an insurance customer service representative, the perfect candidate needs to possess the following qualities, skills, abilities, and knowledge, which most employers require:
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle and pacify difficult customers.
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must always be friendly and willing to provide assist others.
- A good memory for remembering data and details.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must be punctual at all times and able to put in flexible working hours.
- A good listener with sound judgment.
- Ability to cope in a fast paced job environment.
- He/she must be able to critically analyze all situations and solve problems efficiently.
- Must be a team player
- Recent Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Current Property & Casualty Agent License required
- Experience working with Applied TAM system beneficial
Below is a sample of the job description for the insurance customer service representative position, showing important tasks, duties, and responsibilities that must be performed:
- Ensure that customers make buying decisions armed with the right amount of information.
- Analyze customer’s complaints and recommend solutions.
- Discuss with customers on telephone and provide information on the company’s products and services.
- Record all conversations with clients with details of inquiries or complaints and action steps that were taken.
- Understand the company’s insurance policies and products and be able to tell whether a policy covers a type of loss or not.
- Call up customers who had previously called to complain to know if their challenges have been resolved and to ensure that they are now satisfied.
- Take S.O.S calls from clients that have been involved in an accident, vehicle breakdown, or clients who need assistance with their vehicles and mobilizing help for such clients.
- Communicate changes or adjustment in policies to clients.
- Send newsletters, mails, and other forms of correspondences to customers.
- Receive reports of claims and communicate reports of investigation to the clients.
- Forward all filed claims to the appropriate department for handling and investigation.
- Assist in soliciting sales of new products and policies.
- Liaise with other departments and provide support to them.
- Assist clients in filling of policy documents and contact them whenever any error is discovered, or when it needs to be corrected.
- Offer information about price quotes to prospective customers.
- Liaise with the companies insurance agents and process all orders made via telephone.
- Receive visiting customers and provide them with necessary assistance.
- Manage and protect the reputation of the company.
- Maintain strong clientele relationship with customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Is your Property & Casualty Agent License current?