TRAINING BEGINS OCTOBER 16
The Customer Service Representative I is responsible for delivering a positive customer experience while servicing loan inquiries from consumers, dealerships, branches, financial institutions, credit agencies and various third parties. The specialist must maintain business knowledge related to auto financing, contract information and interest calculations and understand key processes from various operational areas within the company to research and resolve loan inquiries. The specialist must adhere to established procedures for updating demographic information and submitting requests for loan adjustments such as due date changes, deferments and payment reallocations. This position is responsible for providing Best In Class service by engaging internal and external customers via multi-channel requests, focusing on brand loyalty and creating an environment that increases overall customer satisfaction and retention.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service via multi-channel requests focusing on first contact resolution.
- Ensure integrity of customer information by following established procedures for submitting requests to update loan information and updating customer demographics in the system of record
- Contribute to the company’s operating results by utilizing effective negotiation skills to resolve customer delinquency and effectively utilize payment resources.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge required to decision requests for loan modifications pertaining to deferments, due date changes, late fee adjustments and payment reallocations.
- Display understanding of comprehensive payment transactions including debits and credits to identify errors, verify proof of cleared funds and provide detailed explanations to customers.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies.
- Accurately document the system of record, call disposition and complaint tracking applications.
- Validate credit reporting with payment transactions to ensure Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA) compliance to minimize exposure to legal litigation and customer dissatisfaction.
- Provide assistance navigating GM Financial.com and general instructions on password and security question resets as well as assistance with navigating payment options to promote customer self-service.
- Contribute to the company’s objectives by conducting outbound call campaigns as needed aimed at lowering customer delinquency.
- Proactively influence customers through marketing campaigns and other strategic initiatives by promoting GMF, GM and third party products to generate revenue and promote brand loyalty.
- Seek to improve efficiencies and streamline operating expenses through innovative ideas for continuous improvement.
- Perform other related duties, projects, and assignments as requested.
- Reports to: Customer Service Team Leader
- Direct Reports: None
- The Customer Service Representative I must demonstrate strong communication and problem solving ability and the ability to be successful in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Ability to be successful in a performance based environment
- Demonstrate a strong passion to provide an excellent customer service experience
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal abilities required to successfully engage customers
- Ability to work well independently as well as demonstrate positive behaviors in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Engage in interactive dialogue with customers through active listening
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in a fast paced, changing environment while managing multiple expectations
- Possess the time management and organizational skills necessary to effectively multi-task between multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong computer literacy with the ability to quickly learn new software programs and navigate efficiently between multiple screens and systems.
- Ability to interpret debit and credit transactions demonstrating moderate mathematical and accounting skills
- Basic typing skills; minimum 30 words per minute
- The Customer Service Representative I should have a minimum of 1 year experience in a Customer Service related field, preferably in a Call Center environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college coursework preferred.
- Fast-paced office environment subject to daily service level requirements with a strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers in a team environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and able to work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime including extended business hours, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Chandler, AZ
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Retail: 1 year
- Hospitality: 1 year