The Customer Account Representative of Collections is responsible for making outbound and taking inbound calls to collect and resolve delinquent accounts in order to alleviate further action. This team member has contact with customers, as well as other Company departments, repossession agents, and other outside agencies.
* Execute day-to-day collection strategies and actively contribute to center performance objectives.
* Support center and company initiatives and demonstrate an understanding of business needs.
* Ensure actions are in compliance with company policies and laws.
* Contribute to a cooperative environment, maintain an open mind and remain positive concerning change.
* Follow call flow model using standard demand on all contacts.
* Keep calls on task and ensure efficient use of call handle time.
* Negotiate to find the best outcome and utilize collection tools appropriately.
* Demonstrate effective questioning/listening skills when speaking with customers and third parties.
* Use probing questions and leverage information obtained to ensure productive collection/skip tracing efforts.
* Demonstrate effective and efficient skip tracing efforts.
* Demonstrate technical proficiency.
* Leave messages appropriately with proper speed, tone and consistency.
* Document conversations/collection activity and use holds/promises effectively.
* Adhere to the attendance and break policy.
* Maximize productive time, manage work queues and ensure multiple calls are made when appropriate.
* Collaborate with peers and share best practices.
* Develop effective internal and external business relationships.
* Represent GM Financial professionally within the center and community.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
* Attend and actively participate in training sessions and team/department meetings.
* Perform related duties, as needed or directed.
Reports to: Team Leader Collections
Direct Reports: None
* Basic knowledge of effective customer service techniques.
* Working knowledge of collection policies and procedures, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
* Skip tracing knowledge will be considered an asset.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with customers and employees of all levels within the organization.
* Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
* Good verbal and written communication, customer service, time management, negotiation, typing, and data entry skills.
* Mathematical skills necessary to arrange payment plans and calculate past due amounts.
* Keyboarding skills and ability to multi-task when speaking with customers.
* Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, Windows and the Internet.
* Skills necessary to operate various pieces of office equipment, such as but not limited to, fax machines, copy machines, and etc.
* Self-motivator while actively participating in a team environment.
* Ability to control conversation with customer.
* Ability to utilize open-ended questioning tactics to maximize information gathering.
* Previous call center, collections, and/or sales experience preferred.
* High school degree or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
* Call Center/Normal office environment, subject to stress in relation to number of accounts requiring attention per day and other established performance criteria.
* Must be able to work any schedule of hours that meets business needs including overtime.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 1 year