The Office Intern position is a part or full-time position with Carter & Carter for a period of 6-12 months in the Auburn area starting in the Fall of 2017.
General duties of the Office Intern include:
Support all project personnel in all aspects of project tasks
Work with office staff to take part in, first hand, the actual construction experience. Assisting with the overall project management responsibilities including, scheduling, estimating, budgeting and coordination of subcontractors and vendors.
Work with construction equipment as needed
Assist with duties such as material ordering and handling, completing, updating and distributing project management communications of various types such as purchase orders, safety inspections, material and labor logs, inventory and meeting minutes.
Become familiar with drawings, charts and construction terminology
Maintaining a safe/secure jobsite environment
Identifying and resolving all changes Qualifications
- A full-time college/university student pursuing a bachelor’s degree and enrolled in an accredited program focusing on the Building Science/Construction fields.
- Must be a student in good standing with their college/university
- Have a sincere desire to gain experience in and knowledge of the company and industry
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and desire to do physical labor when and where necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an environment where numerous tasks and projects occur simultaneously and continually change.
- General knowledge of construction legal issues and safety
- General understanding of construction / restoration principles (framing, plumbing, electrical etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.