ECi is seeking a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer to continue to provide the best software to small and medium sized businesses. Our company is growing and creating excitement with our best in class ERP products.
- The Senior Cloud Platform Engineer is responsible for the management and configuration of the ECI Cloud Hosting environments with responsibility for Installation, Planning, DevOps, and Deployment for various Applications in ECIC (ECI Solutions Cloud).
- He or She will pair with Engineering teams to design and implement scalable, secure, and high performance solutions that enable deployment teams to move faster
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- The Senior Cloud Platform Engineer will work closely with Cross Functional Teams (i.e. Planning, Development, and Networking) and collaborate on optimal solutions for current and future Projects
- He or She will possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Moreover, he or she will work with other team members and groups
- They should be self-starter and require little to no assistance
- The Senior Cloud Platform Engineer will detect and resolve issues in a proactive manner before they can affect the platform and/or customer
- The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of “Agile Mindset” and of automation techniques and adapt quickly to fluid environments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a Platform Operations IT Function
- 5+ years working and Proven Knowledge of Virtualization (i.e. KVM, VMWare) required. VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter 5+ preferred. Plan, Build, Run Activities for Deployment
- 5+ years working and Proven Knowledge of IP Networking, VPN’s, DNS, routing, load balancing and firewalls required.
- 5+ years working and Proven Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/R2 and 2012 OS on virtual and physical systems.
- 5+ years working and Proven experience with PowerShell
- 5+ years working and Proven with MS/SQL
- 5+ years working and Proven Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- 5+ years working and Proven Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- 5+ years working and Proven Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues
- Expertise in storage design for high availability and disaster recovery
- Create automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, Puppet, and/or Chef
Additional Desired Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Hyper Converged or Converged Infrastructure
- Hands on experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Azure, Softlayer
- Experience with distributed storage solutions
- Experience with monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds, Naverisk).
- Experience with networking architecture concepts and protocols.
- DBMS troubleshooting skill set.
- Experience with Reporting Services and Database Administration
- Creating and monitoring SQL Server Policy Objects
- Creating and managing SQL Server Maintenance Plans for routine tasks and backup solutions as well as ability to create, troubleshoot and monitor SQL Server Agent jobs
- Creating SSL certificates for the use of server to client communications
- Working Knowledge of Capacity Planning and Performance preferred.
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Proven technical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, technical, and analysis skills and is highly self-motivated.
- Working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Tolerant of Ambiguity and Changing Environment
- Leadership and Coaching skills
Job Type: Full-time