SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading provider of web-based survey solutions, and we’re looking to transform the way people make decisions. We’re a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experiences on the planet, period. We believe everyone deserves easy access to the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
We’re also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 17 years, we refuse to grow up. We stay curious. We believe in good ol’ roll-up-your-sleeves scrappiness. Everyone plays an impactful role, because we’re here to make a difference. And when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect over 3 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
We’re looking for ambitious, detail-oriented sales professionals. If you’re a self-starter with a consultative approach to selling—and have a history of exceeding expectations, pitching sales to any audience, and cultivating great client relationships—this job’s for you!
The Business Development Representative for the SurveyMonkey Enterprise sales team will play an important role in shaping the sales motion for this new product. In essence, the job is converting interest in our new customer engagement solution into qualified business opportunities. Current and potential SurveyMonkey customers will submit information request forms on the Enterprise website, and the BDR will respond via phone and/or email to qualify and direct the prospect as appropriate.
The BDR for SurveyMonkey Enterprise will be a key partner to the Enterprise account executive team – scheduling calls with haste and precision, as well as assisting with pipeline management, and deal follow up. Depending on the volume of new marketing-generated leads, there may also be an opportunity for outbound prospecting into the existing SurveyMonkey base and net-new accounts. The BDR role will not immediately include closing sales opportunities, but will provide for direct growth into an account executive role. You will be trained on no-pressure, effective techniques, and learn the Sandler selling system.
- Quickly and appropriately respond to inbound requests through the Enterprise website
- Qualify prospects, schedule meetings, or refer to appropriate sales channel
- Complete and accurate tracking of communication with prospects in salesforce.com
- Assist with pipeline management including calendaring follow up meetings, updating opportunity records, and crafting follow up emails with relevant information
- Conduct initial discovery calls to assess client needs and ability to purchase solution
- Train continually on key techniques and behaviors to become full cycle Account Executive as quickly as possible
- Passion for building a career in sales
- 1-2 years’ experience in a SaaS inbound and/or outbound sales or account development
- Bonus: selling into HR Department – experience in fast-paced inbound driven sales environment
- Skill, confidence, and interest in delivering daily/weekly/monthly high call and email volumes in pursuit of pipeline development goals
- Quantifiable evidence of past success and ongoing learning
- Entrepreneurial spirit — maintaining an exceptionally high level of activity and driven to crush sales goals
- Ability to follow up promptly with all inbound requests regardless of volume
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to maintain numerous simultaneous threads
- Self-motivated and self-managing. Understanding that activity ties directly to compensation in this role
- Quick and analytical thinking to prioritize leads and follow up with right message
- Strong email, phone, and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Capable of delivering strong conversion ratios from inbound requests to calls completed
- Active listener – can easily determine customer needs
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.