ATTENTION APPLICANTS: This is a temporary unclassified position anticpated to last for 7 months. There is a possibility this position could be extended up to 12 months.
Provide support and coordination for the Minnesota Department of Transportation’s Business Data Catalog (BDC). The BDC serves as the official repository for business metadata and supports completion of the agency-wide application inventory effort. This position will provide reliable, timely data and information that is easily accessed, shared for analysis and integrated into MnDOT’s decision-making process.
A Bachelor’s degree OR one year professional work experience OR two years technical/paraprofessional work experience that demonstrates the following:
- Experience gathering and interpreting data sufficient to evaluate and identify when business practices should be changed;
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient to make presentations and prepare business communications for a variety of clients, partners, and stakeholders;
- Planning and organizational skills sufficient effectively manage time and resources to meet multiple priorities;
- Human relations skills sufficient to work effectively in different situations with professional and technical
- employees; and
- Knowledge of computers and experience in using tools and programs in an office environment (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Completion of or in pursuit of a Master’s degree in Library Science, including work in Organization of Knowledge or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in working with data governance principles.
- Experience using technology and the ability to learn new technologies.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and criminal history check**
It is our policy that all candidates submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components: SEMA4 Records Check, Criminal History Check, Employment Reference Check and Education/License Verification.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Heather at email@example.com .
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) encourages participation in all its programs, services and activities and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities. Anyone who believes they may need a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate in the job application, interview or selection processes may contact any agency official with whom applicant has contact in the processing of their employment application to request an accommodation. Applicants may also contact the MnDOT Affirmative Action office to request an accommodation by: E-mail: ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org ; or by calling Janet Miller at 651/366-4720; or using MN Relay 711.
The MnDOT Reasonable Accommodation policy can be found at: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/policy/hr/hr009.html .