The Budget Manager for the Departments of Religion and Culture and Science and Technology in Society, oversees and manages the financial affairs of both departments and reports directly to both departmental Chairs. Specific responsibilities include forecasting, planning, and managing department and sponsored research budgets, preparing all financial reports, and is responsible for all aspects of purchasing and reconciling.
– Bookkeeping/Accounting experience, and knowledge of policy and procedures related to financial matters.
– Demonstrated knowledge of budget management such as preparation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
– Significant experience managing a large volume of varied fiscal management tasks such as financial reconciliations.
– Experience with current office software such as MS Excel, and Word.
– Ability to work independently with little supervision, maintain strict confidentiality, and produce work with a high degree of accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment and within policy and budgetary limits.
– Experience working with large relational databases such as Banner.
– Knowledge of university policies and procedures related to travel, payroll processing, and purchasing.
– Experience utilizing Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
Must have a criminal background check
Must have a conviction check:
How to Apply for this Job:
To apply applicants must complete the online application at www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0170633, and submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references as an attachment to the application.
Review of applications will begin August 22, 2017.
If restricted or temporary, enter end date:
Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime
Academic Year or Calendar Year:
If part time, enter Percent Time:
Commensurate with Experience
Religion and Culture
Location, if not Blacksburg:
Location Zip Code:
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Review Begin Date:
Job Close Date:
Restricted to university employees only?
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.