The business manager handles all aspects of Broadside business.
• The Business Manager is responsible for developing and managing an advertising team.
• Sells advertising for the Broadside newspaper, website and other social media.
• Oversees advertising staff and collections and works with the production team to ensure correct ad placement.
• The business manager must be extremely competent and self-motivated. This includes the ability to organize a great amount of data regarding current clients, their ads, invoices and future client contacts.
• The business manager is responsible for prompt billing of clients and collection of outstanding accounts.
• The business manager must work closely with the managing editor to ensure that ads are run according to contracts.
• The business manager is required to attend the weekly senior staff meeting to give an update on sales. The business manager is required to briefly attend the Wednesday layout meeting to ensure everyone understands the advertising needs for the upcoming issue.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Sales skill is important and the manager should be able to sell advertising.
The manager should be able to help train sales representatives and other Broadside personnel in advertising sales techniques.
Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office is highly desirable. If the candidate is not thoroughly familiar with those programs, he or she must be willing to learn.
Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:
Must be able to work in a standard office environment.
Ability to type.
Ability to work in and/or be trained in social media.
Superior interpersonal skills.
Superior skills for one-on-one or group presentations.
Marketing, business or journalism major
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.
Is a Criminal History Check required?
Is a Credit History Check Required?
Open Until Filled