Job Description: Bookkeeper/Accounting
AOS is a young, growing business operating in a dynamic high-tech environment. We seek energetic individuals who are willing to work in a multifunctional environment and develop their own careers as the company grows. The bookkeeper will be responsible for the management of all payables and receivables for one main company and two minor companies utilizing Quickbooks.
Examples of Duties (in no specific order):
– Logging purchase orders & bills, sales orders and invoices.
– Maintaining checking accounts including monthly reconciliations.
– Managing quarterly responsibilities such as sales and use tax reporting, quarterly reports required by lenders or state agencies, and reports requested by our accountant/accounting support agency.
– Managing yearly requirements for a business including information for 1099’s, preparing reports for tax preparation to the accountant, business reports required by the town (property reports, income filings, etc.), business entity tax payment, etc.
– Assisting HR with any reports for insurance audit purposes.
– Managing the payroll report entries in Quickbooks on a bi-weekly basis.
– Managing automatic debits, wire transfers, ACH payments.
– Managing a manual and electronic filing system for the above materials and other important company files, reports, taxes, subcontractor folders, etc.
– Managing the petty cash box, making bank deposits, purchasing of stamps and managing mailings related to the above mentioned paperwork.
– Monthly accounting of the expenses of the business credit cards used during the month for purchases, and the managing of employee reimbursement expenses.
– Management of vendor communication related to bookkeeping and reminders to customers of payments due.
– Management of various spreadsheets or reports for expense/income tracking as requested by the company president.
– Very Strong knowledge of Quickbooks
– Technologically savvy, especially in e-Mail administration/communication, Excel, Word, electronic file management, web navigation
– Honest, Independent, Thorough, Persistent
Term & Hours:
Full-time temporary to permanent position consisting of a minimum 40-hour work week on-site.
Aperture Optical Sciences Inc. provides custom precision optics and systems to customers worldwide. We develop and employ advanced technology for making aspheric mirrors, SiC optics, optics for high-energy lasers and engage in developmental processing of advanced materials. We were founded in 2010.
Job Type: Temporary
- QuickBooks: 2 years
- Bookkeeping: 3 years