**THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED**
Arizona State Parks and Trails Mission Statement: Managing and conserving Arizona’s natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people both in our parks and through our partners.
To learn more about Arizona State Parks and Trails, visit our web site at azstateparks.com.
Arizona State Parks and Trails protects and preserves 35 State Parks and Natural Areas. The agency also includes the State Trails Program, outdoor-related Grants Program, the State Historic Preservation Office, as well as the Off-Highway Vehicle Program, and more. Arizona State Parks and Trails provides over 1,400 camping and RV sites throughout the parks and manages 8 of the top 25 most visited natural attractions in Arizona.
Building Maintenance Tech I
Northern Region Office
675 Dead Horse Ranch Rd.
Cottonwood, AZ 86326
** This is a Temporary/Seasonal Position, may work up to 40 hours per week and up to 1500 hours per year.
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS, EVENINGS AND HOLIDAYS.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position reports to the Regional Manager, but will assist the Building Maintenance Specialist with daily tasks. Tasks may include:
- This position will assist the Building Maintenance Specialist, perform a variety of tasks related to maintaining and repairing buildings and infrastructures.
- Will assist Building Maintenance Specialist oversee or carry-out the initial through completion stages of remodeling and construction.
- From blueprints, sketching and schematic, drawings will assist, install or construct new facilities and structures. Instructs, demonstrates and coaches staff in maintenances and repairs of buildings and utilities. Creates materials list.
- Performs skilled carpentry duties in the installation, remodeling, maintenance, restoration and repair of State Park facilities. Areas of work may include foundations, carpentry, insulation, drywall, millwork and roofing.
- Tasks to be accomplished include erect maintenance buildings, ramadas, carports, gate houses, small contact stations and log cabins. Assist Park in completing force account labor projects.
- This position will travel throughout the region and sometimes state-wide. This position will work in extreme heat and cold.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Methods and practices involved in remodeling and construction; blueprints, sketches and structural components of building and related utility system; national and local building codes; common and specialized tools; equipment and materials related to the trade; common safety practices; estimating, costing and ordering supplies and materials.
Skills in :
Methods and practices of remodeling and construction; reading and understanding blueprints, sketches and schematics relating to building and utilities; apply and understand National and local codes and common safety practices; the trade of carpenter, use common and specialized tools, equipment and materials; oral and written communications; ordering and estimating materials and costs; interpersonal relationships.
Travel and work in various environments, adapt to changing priorities, adhere to Agency rules, regulation, policies and procedures. Ability to use common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to work; read blueprints, sketches and schematics, apply and interpreting building codes; apply and demonstrate methods and practices of remodeling and construction, install and repair.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.