General Description and Essential Functions :
The Banking Internship opportunity provides key foundational banking principles to develop banking and sales. Position will be responsible for learning and experiencing key job duties to be a successful agriculture and business banker. Areas Intern may work
within include: Banking, Credit, Cash Management, Compliance and Operations.
• Assist and prepare credit spreads for loan requests. May provide assistance with preparing loan documentation for loan closing.
• Develop an understanding of cash management tools.
• Handle confidential matters, along with miscellaneous projects, establish confidential records and maintain files the branch.
• Attend sales visits and customer calls with manager or business banker.
• Identify/recognize selling opportunities and effective cross sell bank products and services.
• Attend various required compliance and or banking training.
• Internship for approximately 10–12 weeks
• Travel within the state may be required as scheduled.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as requested.
Qualifications / Experience :
• Junior or senior level student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Finance, Accounting or related field with an interest and/or experience in banking field.
• Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
• Strong attention to detail with good communication, customer service, analytical and sales skills.
• Strong desire to build relationships within the Great Western Bank organization and effective working relationships with co-workers.
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative; Leadership potential.
- Great Western Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status, or disability status. Great Western Bank is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.