The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win…in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values — integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under
Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts.
The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled, These positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice,
under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities ensuring that the functional work area complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs
- Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies guidelines, policies, regulations, manuals, etc., pertaining to fiscal accounting
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with unit activities
- Evaluates reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriate research and prepares detailed responses
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- A security clearance may be required
GS-05: At least 3 years, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4 General Experience, OR a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree, OR a combination of education and general experience.
GS-06: 1 year of experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level, which includes performing assignments designed to develop applicable skills and techniques to include increasing technical accuracy of all time, leave and pay coding, and computations.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 grade level, which includes knowledge complex, nonstandard accounting transactions in the control and review of travel and transportation funds and accounts for different organizations.
GS-08: 1 year of experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level, utilizes experienced judgment and conducts extensive research to review and process a wide variety of nonstandard transactions for multiple accounts. Reviews documents to verify accounting data and mathematical accuracy. Determines necessary accounting transactions and codes.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-08 grade level, verification of accuracy and completeness of accounting data, prepares required forms and enters data within an established time frame into a system which reflects commonly used class of accounts
GS-10: 1 year of experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level, which Planning, organizing, and directing efforts typically comply with higher headquarters guidance and achieve organization and customer needs.
Group Coverage Qualification Standards – Clerical and Administrative Support Positions:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used accounting methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes.
2. Knowledge of Nonappropriated fund accounting methods, procedures, and techniques including knowledge of automated accounting systems used in maintaining and analyzing all classes of accounts in an accounting system encompassing a number of diversified activities.
3. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing sources of factual information, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
5. Skill in preparing written forms, schedules, and reports related to the obligation and expenditures of funds
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
What To Expect Next
After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
Review our benefits
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position.
Employed Annuitants (
Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments:
If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click
All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click
This job originated on
. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at
will be considered.