NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center is seeking a Senior Accountant. Under general supervision this position will complete accounting, internal financial and/or operational auditing work for the planning, development, maintenance and analysis of financial records, budgets, and accounting systems and programs.
This position is located at 1313 Penn Avenue North in Minneapolis and is primarily based in a clinic setting.
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center
actively partners to create a healthier community and works to provide a highly desirable place for health care that values diversity/inclusion, compassion, stewardship, innovation, and integrity.
Hennepin County offers an impressive
package that includes: health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays per year in addition to paid time off (PTO), paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a defined benefit pension plan (PERA), retirement savings programs, flexible spending accounts, trade time for fitness, and many more.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- May serve as a liaison with county departments, government agencies, external auditors, or vendors to coordinate efforts or provide assistance concerning accounting related tasks, problems and issues.
- Participate in special routine and complex projects and provide assistance to departments in matters relating to accounting, audit or other topics.
- Prepare, analyze, or reconcile complex and routine financial statements and information according to standardized methods and procedures.
- Advise management regarding modification or development of accounting systems and procedures; verify compliance with procedures and the accuracy of accounting and other financial information.
- Prepare journal entries, both routine and complex, transactions and reconciliations.
- Assist in developing budgets/forecasts and preparing information in the county planning application systems.
- Assist in grant processes to include expense reporting, invoicing and grant budget preparation using the APEX grants module when applicable.
- Assist internal and external auditors with their review of NorthPoint financial information.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business administration, finance, healthcare administration, with an emphasis in accounting, or other field related to the position. Note: Additional position-related professional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years or more of professional experience in a specific functional area of accounting, auditing or financial management.
- Preferred experience:
- Working in the health care industry.
- With Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state or compliance requirements impacting audit projects.
- Knowledge of budgets and budget preparation; billing, claims processing, and collections procedures and systems.
- Strong skills in interpersonal and verbal communication, and research and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of computer applications, including Word, Excel and accounting system/audit management software.
- Experience supervising staff engaged in routine accounting/auditing activities.
- Ability to:
- Analyze and interpret accounting and clinical records, budgets, and other financial reports; develop and prepare complex financial reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside of the organization; communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.